FREED (Funding Resources for Innovation in Energy Enterprise Development) is a three year project funded under Interreg’s Northern Periphery and Arctic Programme
The Project will provide SME’s in the program area with the support network required to introduce and develop energy innovations which would otherwise be unavailable to them.
A five step process FREED will:
- Carry out a needs analysis of the types of energy innovations required in the partner region
- Initiate a tender process to generate the necessary technology innovations
- Partner R&D institutions with SME’s from the region
- Develop business plans to assist the SME’s in delivering the innovation in the region
- Provide a financing service that utilises private investment funds to aid the development of the innovations
The project, which is led by the University of Oulu in Finland, is a collaborative partnership involving private investment firms, R&D institutions, colleges of education and public bodies from Scotland, Northern Ireland, Norway, The United Kingdom, Germany and Ireland.
See all partners
Introduction video of the FREED project at Youtube